AV System Basic Checks
Before logging a ticket with the TVT Care service desk, please check the following:
- Has the room system been re-booted?
- Have specific devices been re-booted?
- Have there been any manual firmware or software updates made by anyone other than the contracted AV service provider?
- Is there any visible damage to cables and connections?
- Are there any unconnected cables?
- Have any cables been swapped out by anyone other than the contracted AV service provider?
- Does the device have power?
- Power lights should be illuminated.
- Power cable should be connected to rear.
- Wall sockets should be ON.
- Is there building power to the room?
- Check with Facility Management for power availability to room.
- Has there been a scheduled power-down exercise?
- Has there been a recent power outage/failure?
- Is there live internet availability?
- Has internet provision been recently changed?
- Does the device or room have network connectivity?
- Are CAT5/6 cables seated correctly to devices
- Has there been any infrastructure changes that may impact AV system connectivity? – Check with IT Department.